God’s Got This!
Romans 11:33-36 (NIV)
“33 Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! 34 Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?35 Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him? 36 For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen”
- FEMA provides assistance after the storm. You must be able to get to Red Cross shelters and resources.
- Florida, Georgia, Low Country and Coastal areas will be evacuated and routed to or through your area.
- Stores will be low on supplies, quickly!
- If asked to evacuate, use the TIPS to pack a bag for each family member.
On this website, please download the 2017 South Carolina Hurricane Guide and read information about road closings, lane reversals, disaster assistance; wi-fi, radio, television and phone communications; evacuation routes, special needs care and shelters; pet care, farm care and more! http://scemd.org/
The Red Cross is soliciting volunteers. Go to their website NOW to become a volunteer.
- Organize for disaster awareness.
- DON’T FORGET to secure your church.
- Share the information in this email.
- REMEMBER, Churches are also eligible to receive disaster relief!
- File FEMA claims as required and as needed.
- Prior to the storm, please check the wellfare of persons in your community, especially those on your Sick/Shut-in list.
- Following the storm, please check the wellfare of ALL members.
- Use the SC Hurricane Guide to help persons receive timely assistance.
- Keep good records of your efforts for later reporting and disaster assistance.
- Plan to sustain yourself and your family for at least 5 days.
- Keep watching the forecast.
- Know your evacuation routes.
- Evacuate when you are told!
- Store your supplies as safely as possible from storm damage.
- Prepare your home, as possible. Store loose items (flower pots, patio chairs, garden tools, etc.) that can blow away or create damage.
- Reaching Family Members
- Check the Hurricane Guide for free Wi-Fi!
- Know who has a landline phone. These often work after storms.
- Download and test a walkie-talkie app for your smartphone.
- Print or write down telephone numbers. A dead phone is useless!
- Doing business:
- Shop small businesses and Black-own business, as possible.
- These businesses will be impacted greatly by disasters and may not reopen after the storm.
- Keep all receipts for any work performed after storm.
- Register with FEMA as quickly as possible, if told to do so.
- Stock up on:
- Garbage bags (black, heavy-duty)
- Zip-loc bags
- Duct tape
- Use plastic bags for items for each family member:
- Fill prescriptions now then store
- Important papers
- Medical supplies
- Sun screen
- Undergarments and basic items
- Hygiene and hair products
- Durable safe shoes
- Comfortable, simple garments
- Stock up on:
- Batteries (radio, phones, other)
- Bottle water – you can buy from stores but your tap is FREE!
- Water tubs – fill your large containers with tap water for cooking, bathing, etc.
- Plastic bags
- Check/Stock up on lighting and other supplies:
- Safe candles
- Stock up on food items:
- Non-perishable and slow to perish foods such as
- Canned chicken broth, meats, vegetables, etc.
- Noodles and vegetables
- Bread, cookies, chips, nuts
- Juices, fruits (watermelon, apples, grapes, etc.)
- Remember special dietary needs
- Remember food for children and babies
- Stock up on pesticides:
- Ortho Home Pesticide or similar from Lowes
- Stock up on cleaning supplies:
- Rain bucket – Save your drinking water. Setup a bucket/tub now to catch rainwater for cleaning later!
- Plastic bucket or tub
- Plastic gloves for each family member
- Rags and/or sponges
- Cleaners and disenfectants
- Lysol (mold and mildew)
Please email me any tips you would like added to this list! Thanks to all contributors! Jacquelyn
We are a vibrant Church, moving to the next level!
Malik participating in the Seventh Episcopal District Christian Education Leadership and Youth Congress, July 10-13, 2017 – “Out of this World.” We serve the God of the Galaxy!